KIEV, May 30 (RIA Novosti) - The Ukrainian forces have not confirmed the media reports that it planned to complete the special operation against federalization supporters in the eastern regions of the country by June 14, news agency UNN reported Friday.
"As for the media reports on the timeframes of the Anti-Terrorist Operation, most likely it's total nonsense," UNN reported, citing Vladislav Seleznyov, a spokesperson at the special op headquarters.
Such information is usually classified, the spokesperson explained.
"The primary principle of any military operation is 'grafovost' [secrecy]. I mean any order for the relocation, objectives, rotation and alike is marked as ‘top secret.' Neither the participants of the Anti-Terrorist Operation nor the commanders could say for how long and where the operation would take place because this is classified information," he added.
Media reports earlier emerged that Ukraine's security forces planned to complete the operation against federalists in the country's east by June 14.
Ukraine's interim Defense Minister Mykhailo Koval earlier said that Ukrainian forces were planning to continue the Kiev regime's special operation in the country's southeast until they reached a complete stabilization in the region.
The Ukrainian security operation in southeastern Ukraine is continuing despite a memorandum on peace and accord adopted by the parliament ahead of the May 25 presidential vote. The operation has killed scores of people on both sides.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said earlier that Ukraine must immediately move to stop violence and launch nationwide dialogue following a presidential vote in the country.
The self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk people's republics in eastern Ukraine held referendums on self-determination on May 11, with over 90 percent of voters supporting greater autonomy.